Friday 14 March 2008

Wedding Makeup


Because I want to wear organic or natural makeup on my wedding day I've been having a bit of a makeup-athon this week choosing which products and shades I'm going to take to the makeup artist to use on me.


For a foundation I've plumped for my long time favourite Bare Escentuals id bareMinerals Foundation which suits my skin (prone to breakouts and blocked pores) down to the ground. It gives a gorgeous natural looking, but complete, matt coverage and stays put all day.


I'm going for a natural makeup look which highlights my eyes so I'll be wearing Nvey Eco's Organic Cake Eyeliner in brown, with suki color's triple cream eye definer (which I love love love although it is outrageously expensive!...definitely worth a splurge for a treat) in gossamer as a base and brow highlighter and with mocha as a shadow, topped off with Lavera's Volume Mascara in brown.


For lips I deliberated for ages and am still torn between the gorgeous delicate pale pink of Nvey Eco's Organic Lipstick Shade 365 and Lavera's Soft Terracotta (No 22) Lipstick. And will probably add Nvey Eco's Organic Lip Lustre Lip Gloss in Nude or Crystal over the top for a bit of a dewy shimmer.

1 comment:

cara said...

I'm so thrilled to have found Love Lula and particularly this blog post!

I'm getting married in August and have just spent a horrible day being plastered in foul smelling and chemical ridden make up in a department store. I have been desperate to find lovely chemical free make up for the wedding but haven't had a clue where to start or what to buy. I use Nvey's mascara every day but find it doesn't stick enough for a day of lots of photos, but I digress!

Anyway, thank you for this post as it has given me the confidence to try some of these products and faith that I can find a natural alternative for my wedding make up.

Good luck with your wedding, I hope it all goes well!

x