Tuesday 6 December 2011

SenSpa – a rare treat

Earlier this year, Barbara took part in our Facebook competition and won the opportunity to visit the SenSpa and enjoy a relaxing spa break with a friend. Here she tells us all about her experience:

I don’t win things generally so when I heard from LoveLula that I’d won the spa break at SenSpa I was delighted. I visited the spa the day after a 26 mile charity walk; an excellent and well deserved cure for weary limbs.

From being collected at the local station to the pretty room overlooking a rose garden to the lovely swimming pool to the great service at dinner it was all a memorable experience.

However, the spa itself is awesome; it’s coolly oriental with a chilled out Thai look and feel which extends to both the restaurant and the relaxation suite.

I spent most of my time in the awesome hydrotherapy suite. It was hard to decide whether to stay in the hydrotherapy pool or go and spend some time in the herbal sauna; in between these treats I stopped off in the tropical experience shower.

The Lapidarium (a cross between a steam room and a sauna) was an entirely new relaxation sensation for me and I also happily dozed off on a heated couch in the Tepidarium; indeed it would be difficult to resist.

I think I’m probably forgiven for not attempting the thunderstorm experience shower complete with (very realistic) sound effects; or indeed the ice water shower!

All in all it was a wonderful break and my thanks go to LoveLula for giving me the opportunity to experience the fabulous SenSpa.

Barbara x

Huge thanks to Barbara for telling us all about her day at Senspa. We have plenty more opportunities to win fab prizes with Love Lula with our Christmas Advent Calendar! Just visit our Facebook page to find out what gift we're giving away each day. Everyone who enters the giveaway will get a 10% discount to spend on the site when the competition finishes!

No comments: